Wednesday, September 3, 2008

House of Pain

I have a very high pain threshold but I don't really tolerate a long-term throbbing ache.

When I first left the hospital on Friday I was given a prescription for Codeine. I figured that since the new surgery was hurting badly already, a good shot of Codeine would do the trick.

Truth is, the Codeine knocked me out more than it numbed the pain. Even at night I was tossing and turning with the dull ache even though I had taken the drug before bed.

I tried the Codeine for a few days, then decided that I would be more productive awake than dozing so switched to Motrin Extra Strength, aka ibuprofen. The pain quickly went away and I was also much more alert.

Now if there were something I could take to stop this sweating. The exertion with muscles never used in the way I'm walking, is making me a little warmer than usual.

No comments: